Port Douglas Hot & Steamy Festival
The inaugural Hot and Steamy Festival, Australia’s newest LGBTIQ+ festival, will be held in Port Douglas as a lead into the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras!
The vision of a group of local gay Port Douglas business owners and friends, Hot & Steamy has been developed to showcase Port Douglas and the Douglas Shire to the broader LGBTIQ+ community.
February in the tropics is hot, humid and steamy (hence the festival name), however, it is still a fantastic time to visit –with fewer crowds, balmy evenings and everything is lush and green.
An amazing events calendar has been put together by the Hot & Steamy team for what is set to become Tropical North Queensland’s premier gay festival.
The event lineup includes:
Friday 14th February 2020
- Taste in the Tropics Lunch at Salsa Bar & Grill – 1.30PM - 3.30PM
- Sunset T-Dance at the Port Douglas Sugar Wharf – 5.00PM - 11.00PM
- Last Drinks at Jimmy Rum’s – 11.00PM to Late
Saturday 15th February 2020
- Great Barrier Reef Day – 8.30AM – 4.30PM
- Hot & Steamy Dance Party – 9PM to Late
Sunday 16th February 2020
- Don’t Miss the Train – 1.30PM – 2.00PM
- Recovery Pool Party – 2PM to 7PM
- Closing Night Party – 9PM to Late
Monday 17th February 2020
- The Botanical Ark Private Tour
- Rainforest Private Tour