Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not not find an answer to your question below, please contact us directly
COVID-19 Travel Information Update
- Freestyle Resort Port Douglas is operating in compliance with an Industry COVID SAFE plan.
- The wellbeing of our guests and staff is of utmost importance to us.
We take our hygiene and cleanliness standards seriously, and we take additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
Our health and safety measures include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to the cleaning procedures and frequency of cleaning of apartments and common areas.
- We use professional cleaners.
- We allow a booking buffer between guests.
- Travellers, including Queensland residents returning to Queensland, may need to apply for a border pass before arriving in Queensland, whether by road, rail, air or otherwise.
- If you are travelling from outside Queensland and a border pass is required, you can apply for a border pass at
- You cannot enter Queensland if you have been in a declared COVID-19 hotspot during the past 14 days.
- * Follow the rules and keep us all safe * Practice physical distancing * Wash your hands often *
- When is the best time of year to visit Port Douglas?
Port Douglas has a year round tropical climate so any time is great to visit - the busiest months are the winter months of June to October, when the weather is warm and dry. Rain tends to come in the summer months.
- Is the water safe to drink?
Water in Port Douglas is safe to drink from the tap.
- Do you serve breakfast?
No. The apartments all have kitchens, and breakfast is available locally from 6.00 am.
- What time can I check in?
Our usual check in time is 2.00 pm.
Early check is often available if you let us know your arrival time. Please contact us when making or confirming your booking to arrange a check in before 2.00 pm or after 6.00 pm.
- What time is check out?
Our check out time is 10.00 am, unless you have arranged a later time with Reception.
Please give us as much notice as possible to avoid disappoinment. The morning you are due to leave is too late!
Departing guests are welcome to use Freestyle’s facilities after check out, including guest lobby, free internet, swimming pool, shower and luggage storage until departure.
- How big is the Swimming Pool?
The heated saltwater swimming pool is 15 metres long and there’s a large deck around the pool, leading to the barbecue pavilion. The pool has some shallow steps along one side and the deeper section in the centre of the pool can be used as a lap pool.
- Do I need to bring a Beach Towel?
Pool towels are provided free of charge on request. You can also take these on tours or use them at the beach.
- Is Internet Access Free?
Free Wi-Fi is available in all Apartments. There’s also a computer with a broadband internet connection for guests to use and Free Wi-Fi access in the guest lobby and by the pool.
- Is there Free Car Parking?
Free under cover car parking is available.
- How do I get from Cairns to Freestyle Resort Port Douglas if I don’t want to hire a car?
We are happy to arrange your coach transfers, or a limousine or private charter. Ask us for a quote. Just let us know your flight details and the age of any children travelling with you. Please give us at least 72 hours notice.
- How close are the shops and Restaurants?
Freestyle Resort Port Douglas is located in Davidson Street, just 600 metres from Macrossan Street, where there’s a bakery, convenience store, restaurants, gymnasium, shops and food bars. It’s an easy walk to many restaurants, cafes, shops and the Sunday Markets in Anzac Park. There’s a regular local bus service for those days when you don’t feel like walking.
- Do you have a Tour Desk?
Our Tour Desk operates from Reception. Anne and Jason can offer you some great advice on all tours that best suit your requirements. Most tours pick up at the front door of Freestyle, and some can even provide a free airport drop off at the end of the day.
- What about fishing?
Reef and estuary fishing, and fishing off the wharf, rocks or beach, as well as Fishing on the Daintree River. You can even hire your own pontoon boat and go crabbing and fishing up the Dickson Inlet.
- How many floors are there at Freestyle?
There are three floors – Ground, First and Second floor.
- What type of apartments are available?
Freestyle has both one- and two bedroom apartments, and also interconnecting one-bedroom apartments on each floor.
The one bedroom apartments have walk in showers and are on one level, without stairs.
The two bedroom apartments are all on the second floor and have internal stairs, with a bedroom and bathroom upstairs, and the downstairs layout is similar to a one bedroom apartment.
- How many people can sleep in an apartment and what is the bedding configuration?
The one bedroom apartment rate includes two people, with a maximum occupancy of three. Bedding is one queen sized bed and a sofa bed.
The two bedroom apartment rate includes four people, with a maximum occupancy of five. Bedding is one queen sized bed and a sofa bed downstairs, with either king bed or two single beds upstairs. Please advise your preferred bedding configuration when booking your accommodation.
Children under three are free of charge when using existing bedding. Cots are available for $10 per day or $50 a week. If a cot is required, please advise this when booking your accommodation.
- Are the Apartments Serviced?
Apartments are serviced mid week or mid stay if you are staying for six days or more. Arrangements can be made for more frequent servicing or towel changes at an additional cost.
- Do you accept group bookings?
We enjoy hosting wedding groups, family reunions and special occasion celebrations and offer a discount on group bookings. Please contact Anne for a quote.
- Can I smoke in my apartment?
No. Freestyle Resort is a smoke-free property. Smoking is not permitted in your apartment or on the balcony or patio.
- Do you have laundry facilities?
We have a laundry with washers and dryers on site for our guests to use.
It costs $4 to wash and $4 to dry, and we provide complimentary washing detergent.
There are also airing racks on each patio or balcony.